Join us for the 1st Annual Indy Grilled Cheese Festival!
- The Indy Grilled Cheese Festival is a two-day event showing off your favorite childhood food – Grilled Cheese! The Saturday festival is open to guests 21 years or older. The Sunday festival is open to all ages. Both days will feature live music, cold drinks, games, bars and all of the grilled cheese you can eat!
- Eating contests your thing? Well, you’re in luck! There will be a Grilled Cheese eating contest at during the event. More details coming soon!
- Cast your vote and help us decide who has the Best Grilled Cheese in Indy!
- Live Music & Entertainment
- Tickets are expected to sell out!
$25 General Admission | 6pm-10pm
Includes 5 grilled cheese tickets and 3 craft beer tickets
$35 VIP | 5pm-10pm
(Includes Souvenir Gift)
Includes 6 grilled cheese tickets and 3 craft beer tickets
*Sandwiches will be served in sample-size portions (approximately quarter sandwich size) so you can try them all!
The Pavilion at Pan Am
201 S. Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Grilled Cheese Lovers
Located in the heart of Downtown Indianapolis, The Pavilion is a new multi-use venue serving event planners, promoters, meeting planners and the general public. As a full-service event location, the Pavilion hosts a revolving calendar of concerts, wedding receptions, art/media events, fund-raisers, parties, company parties and much more!
Events that have taken place at the Pavilion include the 2016 Maxim Indy 500 party, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Festiv-Ale, Safe in Sound Tour, INDYpendence Day Concert for Cancer, the Indiana Children’s Wish Fund, Portrait of Wishes Ball and more!
The Pavilion at Pan Am Plaza is one city block located on Illinois Street, Georgia Street, Louisiana and Capitol Avenue and within easy walking distance of Lucas Oil Stadium, Monument Circle and most of the major downtown hotels.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Pavilion at Pan Am Plaza
201 S. Capitol Ave. Indianapolis, IN 46225
Festival entrance will be located on north end of Pan Am Plaza off of Georgia Street
Saturday, October 13th, 2018: 21 and Older Only!: 6pm – 10pm (VIP entry at 5pm)
- Saturday, October 13th, 2018: 21 and Older
- $25 General Admission (includes 5 grilled cheese tickets and 3 craft beer tickets)
- $35 VIP includes early entry and a souvenir – (includes 6 grilled cheese tickets and 3 craft beer tickets)
A VIP ticket includes entry into festival one hour earlier than general admission ticket holders and an extra grilled cheese sandwich. It also includes a souvenir
No, each ticket comes with a set amount of grilled cheese sandwich samples. Attendees can purchase additional sample tickets at the event’s ticket booth.
Great! We have many opportunities for participation. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All attendees of must be at least 21 years old to attend the Saturday event. All ages are available for Sunday’s festival. IDs will be checked upon entrance at the gate where tickets are scanned.
- By entering the event grounds, you expressly assume all risk and danger of personal injury and all other hazards, which include, but are not limited to, property damage arising from or related in any way to the Indy Grilled Cheese Festival, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event
- Attendees and belongings are subject to search
- By entering the event grounds, you willingly give your permission for the Indy Pavilion LLC to capture your image via video and photography for its unrestricted use in all forms of media / marketing
- Moshing, crowd surfing and stage diving are prohibited
- Nudity and or exposed body parts is prohibited
- Outside food or drink (exception for documented medical needs – must have a doctor’s note with matching ID)
- Cans, coolers, bottles, glass containers, backpacks
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Professional photo/video cameras
- Audio recording devices
- Skateboards, motorized vehicles, bicycles
- Large chains, spiked jewelry, chain wallets
- Lawn Chairs
- Weapons or firearms
- Fireworks or explosives
- Pocket knives
- Laser pointers
- Selfie sticks
- Chalk, markers, sharpies
- Stickers, flyers, solicitations
- Pets (guide/service dogs OK)
- Cleated shoes
- Organizers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
No, credit cards will be accepted at both the ticket booth and bars. There will be an ATM on site for those that want to use cash.
Parking is available on city streets and inside city parking structures as well. For parking garage options Click Here.
The festival is handicap accessible. There are numerous parking lots and ramps surrounding the festival, that have the typical handicap spots.
There are no refunds for tickets bought to the Indy Grilled Cheese Festival .
Tickets are transferable though, and we’re sure your friends or family would love to take them off your hands.
Yes! At Sunday’s all-ages festival there will be a free kids zone available. The kids zone will include inflatables, face painting, and more!
- There WILL be lines: We are doing everything we can to minimize them, but if you want fresh and hot grilled cheese sandwiches, there will be lines.
- Come prepared to listen to great music, divide and conquer the lines with family and friends, and enjoy the day outside!
- If there’s a vendor with a shorter line, try them out! All vendors have great sandwiches. Don’t sit in a long line just because it’s long!